Mountain Yoga is a Registered Children's Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance organization. Upon completion of the 95 hour Children's "Grow with Yoga" Teacher
Training you can apply for the designation of Registered Children Yoga Teacher (RCYT-95) with the Yoga Alliance organization after meeting their
requirements. One of those requirements is to complete a 200-hour RYT training.
Children's Yoga Teacher Training specializes in working with children of all ages & abilities, including exceptional children.
The training is a comprehensive learning experience, in 5 weekend modules over 5 months (one weekend per month.) It will provide practical & hands-on learning experiences, observation of Kids
Yoga classes, and wisdom on how to provide an enriching experience for children of all abilities. All of this will be set in a collaborative learning community.
Topics covered include:
• Childhood development (ages 2-15) & Learning styles
• Yoga poses & breathing techniques, movement games & activities for children; mindfulness, visualization & relaxation techniques
• Age appropriate lesson planning, teaching strategies, and group management skills
• Yoga for the classroom; appropriate language for schools
• Anatomy & physiology of the growing child; proper alignment cues
• Yoga precepts related to children
• Ethical language & behavior for parents, schools, and studios
• Working with exceptional children of special needs; providing yoga therapy
• The children yoga teacher's relationship with parents/guardians & how to effectively communicate in this role
• Starting a children’s yoga program
This training is beneficial to anyone who wants knowledge on how to teach yoga to
• Teachers & School Specialists
• Social Workers
• Child Psychologists
• Recreation Directors
• Camp Counselors
• School & Family Counselors
No previous experience teaching yoga or working with children needed.
Directing & leading this program is Brandon Hudson, E-RYT, RCYT, MAT, who is
an experienced children's yoga teacher.
Brandon holds a Master's degree in Special Education, is a highly qualified educator, and has over
15 years' experience working with children and children with special needs. Brandon has been studying and practicing yoga since 2000, while earning her B.S. in Psychology from the University of North
Carolina at Asheville. Brandon also holds a Masters Degree in Special Education from Western Carolina University. In 2014, she completed her 200 hour yoga teacher training and therapy certification through Black Mountain Yoga where
she is now part of the teaching staff, and leads the robust children's yoga programming.
2019 program dates: Coming Soon!
Grow your knowledge & impact a child's life with the life-changing benefits of yoga.
For more information, email email@example.com or call